Hello everyone, first off, I want to thank everyone who wished me happy birthday today! I am now 22 years old and I am very eager to see the opportunities this year has in store for me. I also want to acknowledge Martin Luther King Jr. day today and say that I am thankful for the rights I have in modern times because many before me believed in a change for the better and worked so hard to make it happen.
Today I want to talk about skirts that every woman should have in her closet! I released another YouTube video today as a part of my closet series and not only do I show you all some of my skirts, these skirts I chose are examples of the types of skirts I think need to be in everyone’s closet!
- The Sweater Skirt- Since it’s winter time, I’m sure there is a heightened interest in keeping warm in the fashion world so I think that a sweater skirt is a must-have in any woman’s closet. The sweater skirt needs to be made of thick material that is going to keep you warm and not lift up whenever there is a gust of wind!
- Leather/Solid Black Skirt- If you’re not into a sweater skirt, leather skirts will also keep you warm. I always get faux leather skirts and as long as the leather is not a thin material, it is another good alternative to keep warm. Also, everyone needs a solid black skirt to pair with anything.
- Brown Skirt- Black is not the only neutral color option!
- Basic Pencil Skirt- When you need to get down to business, but putting on pants is not an option, a pencil skirt is the way to go! I don’t think I need to really explain this one too much.
- Fun Pencil Skirt- New York & Company has some really good pencil skirt options that are a little bit more fun and non-traditional that neutral colored ones.
- Bell Shaped Skirt- a bell shaped skirt is a skirt that is fitted on top and flares out as is gets closer to the hem. These skirts come in various lengths and I usually wear these when I don’t feel like wearing a pencil skirt. This one is from Forever 21
- Printed Skirt- not every bottom apparel needs to be solid. Don’t be plain, stand out!
- Bright Colored Skirt-because your clothes should never bore you!
- Sequined Skirt-Sequined skirts is more of a party option, but your closet shouldn’t be all work and no play! I think sequined skirts are perfect! In my YouTube video below I have a mini sequined skirt, but I also wanted to show a sequined skirt in a longer length as well.
A great website that has almost all of these types of skirts on it is Lulu’s! Here is their website if you want to check it out:
And last, but not least, my latest YouTube video for you all to watch and see my own personal picks of the skirts I think every woman should have!
Before I go, I want to welcome anyone new who has joined my blog! I hope you like the topics I write about and find them helpful. My video shows other social media outlets that you can find me on, now including Poshmark!
Thank you guys for reading and stay stylish!